Welcome to our 2022 Season
Welcome to our 22nd year of offering the best trip on the Russian River. The low water levels that we saw in 2021 will continue again this summer, and we have decided to make a major modification this year.
Last year, because of the drought our full day trip became too long and too difficult for many guests. So, for the first time in our history, we are suspending trips to the Wohler Bridge this year.
We are only offering one trip for 2022, our well-loved, famous Memorial Beach to Crow Bar run. 4 miles in length, you can go fast and be finished in 90 minutes, or you can take your sweet old time, enjoy the river and take up to 4 hours to complete. You will discover many fine swimming holes, gravel and sand bars to enjoy a slow lazy afternoon. Bring some camp chairs, a small beach umbrella, and plenty of biodegradable sunscreen. There will be plenty of clean, cool water all summer!
This is a phenomal outdoor experience for EVEYRYONE to get out of the house, away from technology, and ENJOY NATURE and EXPERIENCE THE JOY OF BEING ON A RIVER.
On the bummer side of 2022 news: No dogs will be allowed this year. We have been a dog-friendly business for 20 years, and nothing hurts us more than to turn away many long time dog visitors and their owners. Our land use permit does not allow the passage of dogs at our river take out. We can only hope that you will still come and enjoy the river, even if the dog can’t.
One last high note: After 22 years of putting “Butts in Boats”, we are now putting “Butts on Bikes”….E-bikes that is! Our new “Game Changer E-bike Tour” is guided, and takes about 2 hours to complete the loop. If you have never ridden an e-bike, now is your chance! A morning guided e-bike ride around the Russian River valley, and then an afternoon float down the river. Come have fun again!
We are putting the fun back in adventure!
On behalf of all of our employees, many who return to RRA year after year, thanks for coming out, and we hope everyone has a safe summer.
- The most secluded section of Russian River – No buildings, no roads, no nothing.
- Inflatable canoes are more comfortable, more stable, more fun!
- The best section on the Russian River for seeing birds and wildlife!
- Less paddle time, more time to play in the water, or to hang out on a gravel bar.
- The best family experience on the river.
- We do not overcrowd the river with hundreds of loud, metal canoes.
- Owned and operated by a veteran river rat!
- SOAR Inflatable canoe
- 2 paddles
- PFD’s (Life jackets) for all passengers
- 1 dry bag per canoe to keep your personal articles dry
- 15 minute pre-trip riverside orientation
- Three different shuttle options
- Rinse station, bathrooms and changing facilities at our location
- Picnic lunch and beverages. Addition snacks recommended. No Styrofoam coolers allowed.
- Hat and sunscreen
- Water shoes, aqua socks, or tennis shoes. Do not go barefoot! Flip flops not recommended!
- Swim suit, Shorts, T-Shirt Jeans not recommended.
- Towels: During the hot summer months, we recommend you leave your towel in the car for when you return.
If you have forgotten anything when you arrive at our office, we either have it for you or can tell you how to quickly get it!
We offer most of the necessary gear including: water socks, sunscreen, lip balm, sunglasses and straps for glasses, ball caps, wide-brim hats, towels!
SOAR canoes can hold an ice chest up to 45 quarts, so bring a cooler w/good sandwiches and your favorite beverages. (NO STYROFOAM, please)
The closest market to us is the Memorial Beach Market, just around the corner. Place an online order with them in advance, and have it ready when you arrive. They can whip up a delicious, fresh deli sandwich, plus it’s a convenient place for drinks, beer, water, ice, snacks and more! Save time waiting at the market and order your sandwiches in advance here! There are other great places in Healdsburg to pick up lunch too!
Bring your own coolers, otherwise we have Eco coolers (16qt) available for purchase and loaner coolers are also available. NO Styrofoam coolers allowed.