Only 70 mi from San Francisco!
2023 Spring Report
Guess what?? We have WATER in the river. Lots of it! There will be very nice water levels all through May, so if you want a river adventure that is a little faster, a little more adventurous, now is the time to come before the Russian River settles back into a mellow summer flow.
Until at least Memorial Day, we will be running our classic Memorial Beach to Wohler Bridge run. This scenic section has it all: fun twists and turns in the river, lots of beaches for swimming and picnicking, abundant birds, fish and wildlife, lots of clear pools for floating, and best of all, very few signs of civilization. Come get away from it all! And of course, bring your dog.
This is truly fun Sonoma-style!
This is a phenomenal outdoor experience for EVEYRYONE to get out of the house, away from technology, and ENJOY NATURE and EXPERIENCE THE JOY OF BEING ON A RIVER.
E-BIKES: After 22 years of putting “Butts in Boats”, we are now putting “Butts on Bikes”….E-bikes that is! Our “Game Changer E-bike Tour” is phenomenal, and getting rave reviews. Guided by our local expert Bruce, our guests learn quickly how much fun it is to ride an electric bike. We use bluetooth mesh connected helmets, so everyone communicates while they ride. This spring there will be an amazing array of wildflowers along our back roads route. You will even get a chance to taste a little wine (no extra charge!) at a beautiful winery. So, if you have never ridden an e-bike, now is your chance! Sign up now!
We are putting the fun back in adventure!
On behalf of all of our employees, many who return to RRA year after year, thanks for coming out, and we hope everyone has a safe, fun summer.
Why Choose Russian River Adventures?
- The most secluded section of Russian River – No buildings, no roads, no nothing.
- Inflatable canoes are more comfortable, more stable, more fun!
- The best section on the Russian River for seeing birds and wildlife!
- Less paddle time, more time to play in the water, or to hang out on a gravel bar.
- The best family experience on the river.
- We do not overcrowd the river with hundreds of loud, metal canoes.
- Owned and operated by a veteran river rat!
What We Provide
- SOAR Inflatable canoe
- 2 paddles
- PFD’s (Life jackets) for all passengers
- 1 dry bag per canoe to keep your personal articles dry
- 15 minute pre-trip riverside orientation
- A return shuttle to our office
- Rinse station, bathrooms and changing facilities at our location
Necessary Gear / Checklist
- Picnic lunch and beverages. Addition snacks recommended. No Styrofoam coolers allowed.
- Hat and sunscreen
- Water shoes, aqua socks, or tennis shoes. Do not go barefoot! Flip flops not recommended!
- Swim suit, Shorts, T-Shirt Jeans not recommended.
- Towels: During the hot summer months, we recommend you leave your towel in the car for when you return.
River Gear Store
If you have forgotten anything when you arrive at our office, we either have it for you or can tell you how to quickly get it!
We offer most of the necessary gear including: water socks, sunscreen, lip balm, sunglasses and straps for glasses, ball caps, wide-brim hats, towels!
Pack a Picnic Or Have a Picnic Prepared For You!
SOAR canoes can hold an ice chest up to 45 quarts, so bring a cooler w/good sandwiches and your favorite beverages. (NO STYROFOAM, please)
The closest market to us is the Memorial Beach Market, just around the corner. Place an online order with them in advance, and have it ready when you arrive. They can whip up a delicious, fresh deli sandwich, plus it’s a convenient place for drinks, beer, water, ice, snacks and more! Save time waiting at the market and order your sandwiches in advance here! There are other great places in Healdsburg to pick up lunch too!
Bring your own coolers, otherwise we have Eco coolers (16qt) available for purchase and loaner coolers are also available. NO Styrofoam coolers allowed.
I am text block
For Monday – Friday reservations, refunds are possible if cancellation is made before 5 pm the day before the reservation date.
For weekend reservations, refunds are possible if cancellation is made before 5 pm on Thursday before the coming weekend.
For groups of 8 or more cancellations must be made 7 days prior to your departure, cancellations made less than 7 days prior will be subject to a 10% per person cancellation fee.
In case of rain or bad weather, there will be no refunds. We will issue a rain check for a later date of your choosing.
No shows – If you book a reservation and you or someone in your group do not show up and do not cancel, there will be no refund.
Refunds will be for the inflatable canoe rental, the 5% booking fee is non-refundable.