A message from Larry Laba
Welcome to our 21st year of offering the best trip on the Russian River. 2020, the first year of the Covid pandemic, taught us many valuable lessons. First, we have always understood the power that a river has on people’s psyche, but last year we witnessed that power of healing, the strong need that people have to connect with nature after having been cooped up inside for so long. The gratitude that we were shown for our how we kept everyone safe was overwhelming at times. Because we, as humans, have been forced to give up touching and hugging, being outdoors, being in touch with nature, and especially the flow of the river has reignited people’s lives and passion.We learned the river knows no virus, knows no walls, knows no sadness. The Russian River is an escape into a wild jungle. Stay quiet, and you will heard a myriad of bird calls. Stop paddling, listen, you might here absolutely nothing. Search the distant trees along the river banks for unusual shapes; it might be an eagle or an osprey. Will your eyes be quick enough to see turtles before they kerplunk into the water from logs? The river is here to bring you joy, to smile, to cool your body and soothe your spirit.
Last year we learned to adapt and be flexible. We were forced tocancel our Half Day Adventure, and sadly it is cancelled this year, too. . To avoid crowding onto buses and vans, we will be using e-bikes, and offering car shuttles. We will stagger morning departures, offer consistently sanitized gear, wear face masks in close proximity to others. There will be at least half the number of people on the river, and you will feel like you have the world to yourself. On behalf of all of our employees, we wish you well, and we welcome you with open arms to our 21st season on the Russian River.
Only 70 mi from San Francisco!
- The most secluded section of Russian River – No buildings, no roads, no nothing.
- Inflatable canoes are more comfortable, more stable, more fun!
- The best section on the Russian River for seeing birds and wildlife!
- Less paddle time, more time to play in the water, or to hang out on a gravel bar.
- The best family experience on the river.
- We do not overcrowd the river with hundreds of loud, metal canoes.
- Owned and operated by a veteran river rat!
- SOAR Inflatable canoe
- 2 paddles
- PFD’s (Life jackets) for all passengers
- 1 dry bag per canoe to keep your personal articles dry
- 15 minute pre-trip riverside orientation
- A return shuttle to our office
- Rinse station, bathrooms and changing facilities at our location
- Picnic lunch and beverages. Addition snacks recommended. No Styrofoam coolers allowed.
- Hat and sunscreen
- Water shoes, aqua socks, or tennis shoes. Do not go barefoot! Flip flops not recommended!
- Swim suit, Shorts, T-Shirt Jeans not recommended.
- Towels: During the hot summer months, we recommend you leave your towel in the car for when you return.
If you have forgotten anything when you arrive at our office, we either have it for you or can tell you how to quickly get it!
We offer most of the necessary gear including: water socks, sunscreen, lip balm, sunglasses and straps for glasses, ball caps, wide-brim hats, towels!
SOAR canoes can hold an ice chest up to 45 quarts, so bring a cooler w/good sandwiches and your favorite beverages. (NO STYROFOAM, please)
The closest market to us is the Memorial Beach Market, has a new owner. They are not making sandwiches to order any more. We like Quail & Condor, Cousteaux, Oakville Grocer. There are other great places in Healdsburg to pick up lunch too!
Bring your own coolers, otherwise we have Eco coolers (16qt) available for purchase and loaner coolers are also available. NO Styrofoam coolers allowed.
We do our best to provide timely return shuttles at the end of your trip. Occasionally wait times can be 30 minutes or a bit more. We ask for your patience as we strive to do our best to serve you.
For Monday – Friday reservations, refunds are possible if cancellation is made before 5 pm the day before the reservation date.
For weekend reservations, refunds are possible if cancellation is made before 5 pm on Thursday before the coming weekend.
For groups of 8 or more cancellations must be made 7 days prior to your departure, cancellations made less than 7 days prior will be subject to a 10% per person cancellation fee.
In case of rain or bad weather, there will be no refunds. We will issue a rain check for a later date of your choosing.
No shows – If you book a reservation and you or someone in your group do not show up and do not cancel, there will be no refund.
Refunds will be for the inflatable canoe rental, the 5% booking fee is non-refundable.
We have a few rules that all participants must abide by. These rules are meant to keep all of our guests and our equipment safe, and ensures our smooth running operation.
Thank you for your understanding.
- Leave all rope at home or in your car. Do not bring rope with you on the river. Rope is inherently dangerous if it goes in the water.
- Do not attach boats together side-by-side with rope.
- Leave your towables at home or in your car. Do not attach any kind of floating tube, toy, cooler or board to the back of the boat.
- Do not wear jeans. They are uncomfortable and heavy when wet.
- Do not go barefoot.
- Styrofoam coolers are not allowed.
- Barbeques or any kind of cooking stoves are not allowed.
- Do not quit your trip before the end. There is a $150 per canoe fee to rescue you and your SOAR canoe.
- Do not abandon your boat on the river under any circumstance. There will be a $150 per canoe recovery fee.